All Glitter. All the Time.

Except when it's not glitter. Then it is merely shiny.

New Years Eve Nails AKA All the Iced Glitter!

I created some super icey nails for New Years. I used a few polishes here...and a Q-Tip.
This is with flash. These are blinding in person.


Wet N Wild Fast Dry 236C Silvivor
Wet N Wild Fast Dry 230C Saved by the Blue
Wet N Wild Fast Dry 235C Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire
 (Glitters)
Wet N Wild Shine 460D Kaleidoscope 
O.P.I. Last Friday Night

I did two thin coats of silver (Wet N Wild Fast Dry 236C Silvivor). Let them dry.
Take the Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire. Apply a light coat to the bottom 2/3rds on the nail.


 I then took my blue (Wet N Wild Fast Dry 230C Saved by the Blue) and painted the half of the nail near the tip following the curve of the nail. I did a second thin coat at the tip to make it nice and blue. Allow to dry.

I took my Q-Tip, dipped it in polish remover and lightly removed parts of the top edge of the blue. Blend it or streak it.. I did a bit of both to make it look like ice. Or just neaten it to a sharp line. Your choice.

Now for GLITTER.

Take your silver glitter. Lightly brush it over the silver and blended silver/blue area. Now, the blue glitter. First one coat over just the tip of the blue. Dry. Now a second fuller coat over all the blue. You want nails like frozen candy, the iced maw of heavy icicles hanging from your grandmum's porch and to do this you need the layered gleam these layers give you. 
No flash. Here you can see the little glitter bits and some of the streaking.
Allow to dry, top coat and enjoy the disco ball sparkle while the big ball drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment