All Glitter. All the Time.

Except when it's not glitter. Then it is merely shiny.

Solstice Nails!

First Post! And I picked a festive theme!
Never mind what is left of my henna 'eye'.
I wanted do do a festive thing... and I wanted to do it with what I had on hand.

So I picked out three glitter polishes:
Red- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 390 Red Carpet
Green- Wet N Wild 226C Sagreena the Teenage Witch
Gold- Wet N Wild 223C The Gold and the Beautiful.

I have to say here how pleased I've been with the hold power of this bunch of wet n wild. I've been trying to loose weight.. and so each time when I'd shop instead of buying a snack of junk I'd buy one of these cheaper then cheap polishes (they are a bit over a buck here) as a reward. They hold for me for a week or a bit more. My nails growing to show pinky-nailbed at the roots is why I change the polish more then chipping at the tip.

So, back to these nails. Two coats of that yummy glitter red. I then very carefully dotted on three green 'leaves' for the holly or whatever it was supposed to be. Maybe mistletoe.. I like being kissed.. A final dab of golden glitter for the berry completes the nail.

I was sure to let the red fully dry before adding the green and gold. The green was rather tacky when I put on the gold, but not runny. I then covered it all with a clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment